Uncover comes to Australia!
Uncover pairs a beautiful presentation of the text of Luke's Gospel with a host of online material to help people see for themselves what Jesus is all about.
Initially developed by UCCF: The Christian Unions in the UK, it has been adapted for use in Australia by AFES.
What is included in Uncover?
As you open the pages of Uncover, you'll notice some interesting links and QR codes, which link to our Uncover website. They're two types of pages - 'Evidence' pages and 'Question' pages. They will help you and your friend better understand the content of Luke's Gospel. The Evidence series include:
- A: Luke 5:17-26
- B: Luke 7:36-50
- C: Luke 15:1-3, 11-24
- D: Luke 19:1-10
- E: Luke 23:32-49
- F: Luke 24:36-49
- Reliable: Is Luke's account of Jesus historically reliable (Luke 1:1-4)
- Science: Does science contradict faith? (Luke 5:12-15)
- Suffering: How can an all-powerful and loving God allow people to suffer? (Luke 7:11-17)
- Arrogant: Are Christians arrogant to insist that Jesus is the only way to God? (Luke 10:22)
- Urgent: Do I have to decide now? (Luke 12:13-21)
- Morality: Is it enough to live a good, moral life? (Luke 18:18-30)
- Resurrection: Did the resurrection really happen? (Luke 24)
What is the plan?
The plan is for every AFES campus group to use Uncover to make a nation-wide stand for Jesus in 2015.
We want as many people as possible to have the chance to see for themselves who Jesus is.
So we have 10,000 copies of the Uncover Luke's Gospel.
And we will all be praying for many opportunities, personally inviting the people God puts in our life, and expectantly reading it with whoever takes up our invitation!
How can your campus get on board?
There are three simple things you can do:
1. Talk to your staffworker and/or student committee.
Make sure you are ready, and that you have ordered enough copies of the Uncover Gospels for your campus.
2. Check out the Uncover website.
It is bursting with questions, videos and other in-depth material.
Being familiar with what is on the website and how to use it will help you make the most of Uncover as you read it with a friend.
3. Download the 'information pack' (below).
It will give you an overview of Uncover. It includes a PowerPoint presentation, some briefing sheets about aspects of the project, as well as images and QR codes to show your campus group.